Wednesday 17 July 2013

'Cloud Atlas': I may have to take it back

Cloud Atlas
Yesterday I mentioned how wonderful the book Cloud Atlas is, written by author David Mitchell. I must take back my comment on the film of being 'disappointed'. I bought the DVD later today and watched it this evening. After having watched the film today and being further from having read the book I feel oh so much more love for the film. It plays with my emotions and have found the skills that must have been used to create this masterpiece to be phenomenal. I did find the film to be disappointing at first in the cinema; I was still getting over my overwhelming excitement for it. Now I feel so much more love for the film and the creators of it. 

I must say that this happens on countless occasions, where I feel more fond of a film the second time round or away from the cinema. 

If you have any views on the film you would like to share please do :) Rosie Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment